Ministry - Our Life and Work
The centre of our life is to live as did St. Francis, bringing the message of the Gospel to those who most need help. We are sustained in this by our life of community, our prayer and celebration of the Eucharist. Without these as the foundation of our life there would be nothing to sustain us.
Many orders and congregations were founded to do a specific work. But the Franciscans over the ages have turned their hands to the many different needs of the world. We bring who we are to the service of Godís people. No experience, skill or talent is wasted when it is given over to God. Each person in the Friars brings his own uniqueness.
We are called to serve the poor, the marginalised, the outcasts. As we have moved into the new millennium the needs of the world and the Church are still to be met. We are involved in many areas:
- Parishes: as ministers
- Prisons: as Chaplains
- Drug abuse: as counsellors
- Schools: as chaplains, governors and teachers
- Colleges: as chaplains
- Evangelization: as preachers and missioners
- Hospitals: as nurses and chaplains
- Aids: as support workers
- Alcohol abuse: as counsellors
- Samaritans: as volunteers
- Youth: as support leaders
- Theological Reflection and Study
- Lecturers at the Franciscan International Study Centre Canterbury
Wherever we are, we are helped in our ministry with the strength and support we receive through sharing our life together as Brothers. We are committed to living with people, working with them and showing them Christ in the Gospel. In the very celebration of our life and work we witness to a new way of living and sharing our priorities.
© Copyright 2003-2013 Friar.org