Father Andrew spent much of his life in Forest Gate, East London. He was born there on 15th August 1917 and was baptised Kevin in St Antony's Franciscan Church.
He attended St Antony's Primary School and then St Bonaventure's. Andrew went to the noviciate at Chilworth in 1935, and after his First Profession the following year he studied in the friaries of Woodford Green (philosophy) and Forest Gate (theology). Andrew was ordained priest at Cambridge in 1943.
He completed his studies and then returned to Forest Gate where he became a much loved teacher of RE and French at St Bonaventure's, till his retirement in 1970.
After a period of work as Commissary of the Holy Land, Andrew moved to Bristol but when the friary closed in 1980 he was back in Forest Gate and worked in the parish until the Friars left that friary in 2002. He was transferred to Woodford Green but, as his health deteriorated, he spent the latter months of his life in care at Wanstead.
He died on 25th May 2008. Among the mourners at his funeral were parishioners of St Antony's, Forest Gate and 'old boys' of St Bonaventure's.
Franciscan Friary 557-559 High Road Woodford Green Essex IG8 0RB England